Iain is co-founder of Alpin.
Iain has extensive experience as an Investor, Company Director/Chairman, Operating Partner and M&A specialist to a range of businesses across a range of sectors.
Iain has led Apin’s Investment activity since inception and has overseen significant strategic and operational transformation across all our investments.
Prior to Alpin, Iain had worked in Australia, UK and USA with PwC (2000-2014). At PwC he led the Services & Industrial Deals team to deliver commercial and financial due diligence for corporate and private equity.
Earlier in his career at PwC, Iain also managed bank investigations, refinancing and formal insolvency engagements in Australia and overseas.
Ambitious businesses regularly come to junctures where difficult decisions need to be made. I enjoy working through the options and determining the most valuable direction.
Current positions include:
- Managing Director and Co-Founder, Alpin
- Chairman, Australian Lifestyle Constructions Pty Limited (Ausdeck Group)
- Director, Alpin Advisory Pty Limited
- Director, SRO Technology Pty Limited
- Director, PTronik Pty Limited
- Director, Duncan Technologies Pty Limited (Duncan Parking)
- Director, Attunga Ski Club Limited (not for profit).
Qualifications and associations:
- Member – Young Presidents Organisation
- Member – Chartered Accountants ANZ
- Graduate Member – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Graduate Diploma – FINSIA
- Graduate Diploma – ARITA
- Bachelor of Economics – Australian National University (ANU)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Corporate Finance) – ANU
Partner with us
Alpin invests in relationships to understand situations, implement change and create long term value.
We are active investors who value building relationships with owners, leaders and teams aspiring to reach new heights.